Imagine studying for years only to pursue a different career. Well, this is the reality many graduates face. When choosing a course to study, there are a lot of factors to consider. These will all help you make a well thought out decision.
Choosing a Course to Study
Every course offers opportunities, right? That may be the truth, but you need to choose a course fit for you. Before you dive in and make your choice, below are a few factors to consider:
Do Your Research
Find out everything you need to know before you make your decision. This includes researching the course, duration, modules, cost and location. Speak to a course expert for clarity.
Highlights Your Abilities
Consider a Course You are Passionate About
No one wants to be stuck studying a course they don’t like. Studying your passion allows you to follow a path dear to your heart. You will feel motivated to complete your studies.
Keep Your Career in Mind
Before you start your journey to higher learning, make sure you have your end goal in sight. Keep the career you want in mind. This ensures that you get the right skills you need for the job.
Take a Look at the Job Market
When keeping your career in mind, don’t forget the job market too. Will your choice of study guarantee a job? If not, you may need to consider better options within the same field.
Why are you Studying?
Your goals need to be clear. If you’re starting a new career, consider a programme that offers skills and knowledge like a diploma course. If you want to gain basic skills, a short course may be a better fit.
Speak to a Professional in the Field
There is no better person to ask than someone who is in the field you want to pursue. Pick their brain to find out what skills you need. This could help you narrow down on choosing a course to study.
Meeting the Study Requirements
Where to Study
Not only is the course important, you need to consider where you study as well. This plays a big part in deciding which path to take. This will determine the qualification you achieve, as well as the method of teaching and learning.
- University – Want a degree? Then studying at a university is a great choice. They offer academic courses. But you need to meet their strict entry requirements like having matric. They provide in-classroom teaching with a timetable you need to follow.
- TVET College – Gain knowledge and skills at a TVET college. Along with in-classroom teaching, you will also complete a practical in the field you are studying. This will help you gain relevant experience. Here you can earn a diploma and certificate qualification.
- Distance Learning – Achieve top skills from the comfort of your home through distance learning. With no classes, you have control over your studies. You’ll be able to study a variety of courses, from accredited courses to provider programmes.
Skills Academy is the word support in every way.
Choose the Best With us
Start the career of your dreams right here. We have a range of courses that will kickstart your career. Want to know more? Contact our course experts for more details. You can:
- Call us on 0800 39 00 27 – it’s free
- Fill in our contact form for a call back