A career in childcare is a career of both the heart and the mind. If you would like a successful career in childcare, then being able to show you are qualified in this field is a great way to gain parents and employers trust. This field requires genuine compassion for children’s development and intelligence to make sure you bring out the best in our future leaders.
|Course||Short Course In Child Day Care|
|Programme Type||Provider Programme|
|Award Type||Skills Academy Short Course In Child Day Care|
|Award Issued By||Skills Academy|
|Accredited By||Not Applicable|
|Course Duration||4 Months|
What is Included in your Course Fee?
All your study material, textbooks and study notes
The courier fees are included in your course fees. No waiting on the Post Office. You don’t spend weeks waiting on your next package with study materials. On average we deliver in a week or less.
All your Tutorial Services
We have a dedicated team of tutors and administrators to help you with each and every query you might have on your course.
Online Study Group with Together We Pass
Skills Academy students get free access to the Together We Pass (TWP) online study groups. The study groups are facilitated by your own Skills Academy lecturers and tutors. This is where you get the best help with your studies! And when YOU have the answer, you can even help your classmates!
Limitless access to your Lecturers and Tutors (in Office Hours)
Together We Pass, in association with Skills Academy, offers free online study groups for all of their students. That means that within two days of signing up you will be registered in your online study group and you can start engaging with your classmates and your lecturers.
This is key to the Skills Academy strategy of high contact, supported learning so all students are encouraged to use the study groups as much as possible.
Students should also remember that these study groups are facilitated by their own Skills Academy lecturers, which means they can answer any question you might have. We hope you find the study groups useful in your studies!
What is NOT Included in your Course Fee?
- Writing materials
- Envelopes to send assignments to us
In fact, you can upload your assignments here through our Learner Portal, and cut out the price of envelopes out as well!
How Will My Study Material Look?
Once you have successfully enrolled with us, we will send you a package within the first 1-2 working days. In this package, you will receive a Skills Academy Welcome Pack as well as the first set of study material for the Child Day Care Short Course. Look at the image below to see what you can expect from us.
Our Tutors Will Make Sure You Pass!
Here at Skills Academy, we want to make sure you pass on your first try. That’s why we have a team of smart and helpful tutors that will assist you every step of the way. You can call them during the day for any assistance or Whatsapp them in a group if you need a quick answer to a tough question.
1. Introduction to Business English
2. Child Day Care DCD-101
1. Introduction to Business English
- Introduction to communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Business writing
- Speaking, listening and reading skills
- Work readiness
2. Child Day Care CDC-101
- Growth and Development:
- Identify and explain growth and development
- Identify and explain the factors affecting growth and development
- The domains of development in the context of the whole child
- Learning in the Early Years:
- How children develop learning in the early years
- How play stimulates early learning
- How technology stimulates early learning
- How perceptual abilities influenced early learning
- How learning styles stimulate early learning
- Inclusion and Special Needs:
- Inclusion and special needs as an aspect of inclusion
- Definition of inclusion
- Barriers to inclusion
- Special Needs within the context of inclusive practice
- Common problems found in early childhood development
- The importance of early identification
- The importance of identifying children who are gifted
- Organisations that can assist parents and caregivers and provide advice
- Diversity in Early Childhood:
- The meaning of diversity in the context of inclusive practice
- Reflect on and share personal feelings about living in a diverse society
- Plan, draft and administer a questionnaire to share ideas on how people feel about living in a diverse society
- How culture, socio-economic conditions, HIV/AIDS and gender effects early childhood development and early learning
- The importance of an anti-bias approach in early childhood.
Skills Academy will require you to complete the recommended assignments. The assignments are designed to help you through your learning to make sure that you completely understand all the topics covered and that you can apply this to your working environment. There are absolutely no exams for this course.
You will be awarded a Skills Academy Short Course Certificate in Child Day Care.
As Skills Academy values education and cares about our students, your completion award will be
sent to you via courier so that you receive it as soon as possible and without any delays.
How to Check if a Certificate is Authentic
If you are unsure, please contact us, and we can check the student name and the unique certificate code to verify that you are looking at an authentic certificate. Click here if you need us to verify a certificate for you.
When Can I Start?
You can start right now! Click Here to fill in an application form and a friendly Student Consultant will contact you to ensure this is the right course for you.
Last updated: October 14, 2019