A career in childcare is a career of both the heart and the mind. If you would like a successful career in childcare then being able to show you are qualified in this field is a great way to gain parents and employers trust. This field requires genuine for children’s development and intelligence to make sure you bring out the best in our future leaders.
Skills Academy offers the following range of Child Day Care Courses:
Child Day Care Courses
Child Psychology Courses
Creche Management Courses
First Aid Courses
What are these courses about?
The short answer is: Educare deals with early childhood development. It is you helping children in their earliest years with their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development.
Why is Childcare so Important?
Childcare professionals are children’s first experience with education, therefore playing a very important role in a child’s life.
The care received at a tender age can leave a big impact on the child’s interaction with others and successes later on in life. So know that you’ll have a lot of responsibility and also a lot of career satisfaction knowing that you had something to do in shaping the futures of these young ones.
Is this the right course for you?
Here are character traits needed to work in childcare:
You Love to Educate Children
If you want to work in childcare then you should not only love children. You should love to educate them and also have the right training and skills in order to educate them properly.
You’re a Team Player
Be tolerant of others ways of doing things.
You have a knack for building relationships
Since children are the center of a parent’s world, their only going to leave their precious kiddies with someone they trust. Besides being qualified and competent in your profession; building relationships with parents goes a long way in building that trust needed to convince parents to leave their children in your care.
You’re Willing to Learn
Be open-minded to learning and being corrected when you’re not doing things in the best way. It might not be the most fun thing ever, but when you’re working amongst experts in the same field who have more experience and insight than you; they might give you advice and instruction on how to do things better; instead of meeting this with resistance, embrace it as an opportunity to improve and grow into a better childcare professional.
Why you should work in Childcare
You get to be around these mini-humans first discoveries of the world. Their first experience making friends, their first experience being at a daycare or preschool; their first trips to the aquarium or the zoo. You get to contribute to making these experiences happen, which is a highly, highly rewarding.
Careers and Salaries in Childcare
These are the average salaries of South African Childcare Professionals according to payscale.com and other career websites:
Childcare Worker: R35,593 Per Year
Daycare Teacher Assistant: R42,881 Per Year
Daycare Teacher: R43,638 Per Year
Early Childhood Educator: R56,400 Per Year
Au-Pair: R58,763 Per Year
Pre-School Teacher: R87,152 Per Year
Child Psychologist: R183,126 Per Year
Benefits of Studying Childcare
Childcare is a sensitive area of study because it deals with people who are too young to do much for themselves and who rely entirely on the caregiver. It is therefore essential that you understand your reasons for wanting to study childcare. If you are dedicated to ensuring the well-being of children, you might also be interested in learning about childcare for some of the following reasons:
12 Reasons to Study Childcare:
- There are many career opportunities because many parents work full-time and need someone to take care of their children while they are at work.
- Showing that you have completed a course will increase trust from prospective employers, as they will know that their children are in capable hands.
- Taking a course in childcare can be valuable even if you don’t want to work in the field, but simply want to learn how to care for your own children or the children that you come into contact with during the course of your work.
- You don’t go through the hassle of travelling to classes.
- You choose your own learning environment.
- You have the opportunity to sharpen your skills and increase your knowledge while working and making money.
- You can study at any age without having to worry about fitting in with your classmates.
- Employers or prospective employers may be impressed by the fact that you have the discipline to study on your own.
- We offer a 30-day Money Back Guarantee: if you are unhappy with your studies, and decide to cancel within 30 days of registration, we will give you a full refund.
- We provide you with access to a personal tutor, who will assist you with all your queries.
- We provide you with study material that is clear and easy to understand.
- We include the cost of your study material in the course fee – you do not have to pay extra for textbooks.
Childcare studies via Distance Learning
In today’s fast-paced world, you have to learn to multitask. Taking time off to complete your studies might be taking you away from being in a job that can give you practical experience. At the same time, your studies are important and cannot be dispensed with: they equip you with important knowledge and skills that can help you to become better at your job.
Distance learning provides a solution to this problem. If you decide that you want to work and study at the same time, then you can take child care courses from home.
How can I get started?
Easy, you can quickly fill in our mind-numbingly simple (that’s a good thing) form on this page or fill in our Online Registration Form and get started right away.
Last Updated: March 1, 2018