Becoming a chef is fun and creative career option but it is also hard work and involves many skills. Chefs are mostly responsible for cooking the food along with leading a team of kitchen workers. They also do more than just cooking – they clean and disinfect many of the items you work with, including grills, fryers and counter surfaces. They also has to figure out how much food will be needed for the week andorder food and supplies. Yes, that means there will be math involved, they need to work out how much to charge for dishes as well. As fun as that might sound, being a chef is not all glitz and glamour. Chefs work in a potentially dangerous environment and so it is a very good idea to have a knowledge of safety and first aid, so if you couple a cooking course with another skills course you will increased your chances of employment.
Interested in becoming a chef?
Try one of these courses
- Skills Academy Subject Certificate in Managerial Leadership
- Skills Academy Subject Certificate in Budgeting
- Skills Academy Subject Certificate in Delegating for Results
- Skills Academy Subject Certificate in Time Management
- Skills Academy Subject Certificate in Conflict Management
- Skills Academy Certificate in First aid concepts
Last updated: October 25th 2016