A matric certificate is a milestone every student aims to achieve. It opens a world of opportunities that will kickstart your career. Can’t wait to get your matric? Then get up to speed on whether you can complete matric in one year and make an informed decision.
Can you Complete Matric in one Year?
Yes you can. If you are committed to your studies and have few responsibilities, it is possible. With our matric courses, you are able to study at your own pace, whether you want to speed up or slow down your course.
What to Consider if you Want to Complete Matric in a Year
Okay, so if you can complete matric in one year, should you do it? Even if you are excited to get your matric, you need to set realistic goals. Below are a few factors you should consider before picking up the pace of your studies.
Our Adult Matric Course consists of grades 10, 11 and 12. With three years of coursework, it may prove to be challenging to keep up with the workload. You will need to complete assignments and stick to deadlines.
If you plan on completing your matric in one year, you need to consider your family and your job. You should be able to spend enough time with your family, on your studies and career.
Adult Matric exams take place every May/June. So even if you want to complete your matric ahead of time, you still need to wait until May to write your exam. Ensure that you have enough time to get the best matric results.
Your Mental Health
Getting your matric is important. But your mental health is vital too. Between your responsibilities and studies, you need to prevent getting overwhelmed. You should be able to get enough rest to prevent stress and burnout.
How to Complete Matric in one Year
Considered all the factors and ready to get your matric? That’s great! Put your time management skills to the test and pass your grade 12. To help you on your road to success, follow our tips on how to complete matric in a year:
- Create a study schedule – With a study schedule, you’ll be able to allocate enough time to your studies, responsibilities, career and even a nap.
- Speak to your employers – Tell your employers about your studies. They may be able to accommodate you by adjusting your work schedule.
- Contact your tutors – Your tutors are there to help you every step of the way. If you have any issues, they will be able to assist you.
- Take regular breaks – Studied for a full hour? Reward yourself with a break. It will give you the energy you need and help you retain the work you studied.
- Study with your family – Spend quality time with your family while studying. Ask them to test you on your knowledge or explain your work to them.
Study Matric at Your own Pace
If you don’t want to finish your course in one year, you’ll still be able to study at your own pace. This allows you to take control of your studies and reach your goals. Enjoy a range of benefits as you study our:
Skills Academy is the word support in every way.
Get Your Matric With us
Boost your skills and career when you study matric with us. Contact our course experts and you’ll be one step closer to your goals. You can:
- Call us on 0800 39 00 27 – it’s free
- Fill in our contact form for a call back