At Skills Academy our vision is to permanently change as many lives as possible through accessible quality education. We are a young company looking to make a big impact and we need a driven, people oriented Afrikaans Tutor to join us in our ambitious goal.
We are a values based company, and we are looking for someone who lives by our values of:
- Integrity and Honesty
- Care & Commitment
- Fairness & Consideration
- Service and Generosity
With these values, and the people to embody them, we believe we can take the educational sector of South Africa by storm. So if you’re tired of boredom and tired of the same dead-end jobs then this opportunity might just be the perfect one for you.
Our company is focused on growth like no other, we believe that in order to grow the company we need to grow the people. So if you want to learn, to develop yourself and to be part of actually making a difference then Skills Academy is the place where you belong.
We are looking for a driven, hardworking and team orientated Afrikaans Tutor to join our team at Skills Academy. You will be responsible for all academic assistance to students at Skills Academy.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Overseeing marking and giving feedback on assignments to students.
- Providing teaching resources and guidance to the students and other staff members.
- Designing appropriate academic content for the study groups
- Create academic content such as assignments and study guides, etc.
- Respond to queries from all channels within the same day
- Managing WhatsApp study groups
- Create short academic video tutorials explaining subject contents
- Tutoring: Afrikaans Eerste Addisionele Taal, Fisiese Wetenskap, Landbou, Lewenswetenskap (Old Biology), Wiskunde en Wiskunde Geletterdheid.
The successful candidate must:
- Have excellent administrative skills
- Be fluent in Afrikaans
- Be able to project manage
- Have strong leadership qualities
- Be able to hold clear boundaries and discipline
- Be able to work independently and in a team
- Have a strong desire to learn and grow in the role
- Have passed Matric.
- B.Ed students may apply
- Teaching qualification is advantageous
- Tutoring/Teaching experience is advantageous
- Customer Service experience is advantageous
Want To Apply?
The job is highly administrative and requires critical thinking. Academic knowledge and patience is essential to ensure every student is serviced properly.
When applying, please send your application to [email protected] and use Afrikaans Tutor as your reference.
Closing Date: 17 January 2023
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent