Aestheticians specialize in skin care. They perform a variety of facial and body procedures intended to increase, improve or maintain the appearance and health of human skin. This may include facials, laser or wax hair removal chemical peels, makeup application, exfoliating body wraps and microdermabrasion. Aestheticians may work in the fashion, beauty or medical industry. Aestheticians working in the beauty industry are commonly employed by spas, salons or retail stores, and provide some or all of the services outlined above.
Interested in becoming an aesthetician?
Try these courses
- Facial Skincare Advanced Certificate
- Facial Skincare Certificate
- Facial Skincare Expert Certificate
- Make-up Application Advanced Certificate
- Make-up Application Certificate
- Make-up Application Short Course
- Salon Management Expert Certificate
Last updated: October 25th 2016