What Does Accredited Courses Mean for Your Future?
Accredited courses mean that the course is in line with the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). The course is a guarantee of your abilities and training received.
Employers Trust Accredited Qualifications
When you apply for a job, one of the things employers look at is your qualification. Employers feel more at ease knowing that the course that you’ve studied is accredited. For the course meets industry standards and quality requirements of South Africa. An accredited qualification could increase your chances of getting employed.
A Guide to NQF Levels
The NQF levels classify your course in South Africa. The levels are on a scale from one to ten. It identifies the level of qualification for that course or training programme provides. The image below shows it much better.
Our Accredited Courses
Take a look at the accredited courses we offer at Skills Academy. Click on the course name that interests you most to get more information.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) is an “Independent external examination body for accredited business qualifications”. Their courses focus on the business and finance industry.
Financial Accounting Programme
Do you take an interest in finance and how to manage money? You should pursue a career in financial accounting. You will learn the skills such as how to prepare financial statements, keep a record of transactions, and how to present a financial report, to mention a few. Find out more by clicking on the following courses.
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
- ICB National Certificate: Bookkeeping (Junior Bookkeeper)
- Certified Financial Accounting – ICB National Diploma
- FET Certificate: Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeper)
Public Sector Programme
If you see yourself working for the government, then have a look at the ICB Public Sector Programmes. You will gain skills needed in the public sector to run government better. Click on the links below to find out what each course holds.
- National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting
- National Diploma: Public Sector Accounting
Office Administration Programme
Are you an organised person and like to make sure everything runs smoothly? Office administrators keep track of almost everything in the company. Not only do they do secretarial work, but they also provide support to fellow employers and top management.
The skills and knowledge that you will gain include keeping records, logistics, keep track of day-to-day activities and so much more. Have a look at these courses.
- National Certificate: Office Administration (Junior Office Admin)
- Diploma: Office Administration (Certified Office Manager)
- Higher Certificate: Office Administration (Office Admin)
Business Management Programme
Do you dream about starting your own business one day? The ICB Business Management Programme courses prepare you for that. Learn about how to start and run a business. You will learn how to organise, control, plan, lead, and the list goes on, in these courses. Find the Business Management course for you.
- Higher Certificate: Office Administration (Business Management)
- Small Business Financial Management (Business Management) – National Certificate
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting (Business Management)
You will learn how to start a new business. By starting a new business, entrepreneurs create job opportunities for others. Does this sound like you? Choose one of the ICB Entrepreneurship programmes below.
- National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management (Entrepreneurship)
- Higher Certificate: Office Administration (Entrepreneurship)
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting (Entrepreneurship)
CIMA stands for the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. Their courses are internationally known for their high-quality standards. CIMA focus on management accounting. It is a skill to have in the business and finance industry.
Should a Training Institution be Accredited?
If you want potential employers to recognise your qualification, then yes, it is a good idea that the institution is accredited.
Skills Academy and our Accredited Courses
Skills Academy accredited courses are a great way to earn a credible qualification to kick-start your professional career. We are a distance learning college, which means that you can study these course in the comfort of your home, at your own pace.
Should you need more information, contact us on our toll-free number 0800 39 00 27. One of our friendly course experts will assist you.
Last Updated: May 28, 2019